Saturday, August 1, 2009

So Far So Good

Only 2 weeks left until I head off to Ventura for the Cool Breeze. Remarkably everything is going ok. Last weekend I planned to do about 75-80 miles as my training ride and ended up doing 83. I felt real good at the end also. I probably could have done 100 that day if I had the time.

I have a little soreness in the knees from time to time, but nothing really painful. I was thinking about raising my seat a hair since most of the pain is in the front of my knee, which usually indicates your seat is too low. So I raised it a bit this morning on my short ride around here before I went to work and that pain sort of went away. I'll keep it there and see how the ride on Sunday goes (planning to do about 85).

Couple of short rides during the week, 60 next weekend, one or two short ones again the following week, then the Century.

The only other things I am experimenting with are my shorts. I'm really favoring my bib shorts, espeically for these long rides. I'm going to try the performance bib's I bought a few weeks ago this sunday and see how they go. I haven't gone more than 35ish with them so far, so we'll see. I have another pair of bib's from descente (team CSC) which are comfy, but the pad isn't as cushy as some others, so that's always a consideration with these extreme distances.

I also sent my Garmin back to Garmin for service. It just kept turning off for no reason and they said that they would fix it for free since it was a known problem. They said I should have it back in 7-10 days from when they get it. They got it on Tuesday and I included a note in it that asked them to please try to have it back to me in time for my ride, but we'll see.

Other than that, So Far, So Good!!!

1 comment:

bert wolfe said...

Nice to know you felt good after the 83 mile ride. Since I lowered my saddle, I'll take note on how my knees feel after I get to some of my longer rides (20 miles for me). Good luck with the upcoming century!