Saturday, July 4, 2009

Cool Breeze

Lotus says this is going to be my new nickname for a while.

While I was out of town this week I was listening to the Fredcast and he had an interview with a bike shop owner in Ventura. During the interview the host of the Fredcast had mentioned that he has done the Cool Breeze Century before and he really liked it. The Cool Breeze is a Century that goes from Ventura to Santa Barbara and then back. They have a few distances available, but of course I am still looking for my first Century, so I'm going there.

The course is fairly flat, nothing higher than 800 ft, so the Coastal winds will be the biggest obstacle. I may actually change my training to do more into the wind riding and cross wind riding and less hills for the next month. Silver Strand here I come (a lot). I did 75 miles last weekend and included the strand in my ride, so I feel the 100 should be doable (my longest ride has been 92 miles with 6,000 feet of climbing, so this Century should be easier than that, but things can happen).

1 comment:

caninecologne said...

hi thor
bert used to say "cool breeze" a long time ago whenever we'd hear a mention, or see a photo of keanu reeves. why? apparently, "keanu" means "cool breeze through the mountains". ha ha. keanu was one of my mancrushes back in the day...